Monday, July 11, 2011

Buffalo Chicken Rolls

I love spicy food. Not too spicy, but with a nice little kick. Saturday night, I made buffalo chicken rolls and they were to die for! I have to share - your life won't be complete until you make these! They're great for an appetizer or to serve at parties - especially a football party.

 
 Ingredients: Chicken (boiled and shredded), blue cheese, dry broccoli slaw, hot sauce, egg roll wrappers

Having already boiled and shredded the chicken, mix in hot sauce to taste. The chicken soaks this up pretty quick so you might want to sample as you go so as to avoid overdoing it.

 Spoon some chicken onto the corner of an egg roll wrapper, top with slaw (this will soften when you bake it) and spoonful of crumbled blue cheese. Preheat your oven to 400 while you're doing this.

Then we roll. Best method - fold the corner over the chicken and cheese. Then fold in the sides, rolling it over to finish the wrap. Because I'm sure that makes absolute sense to you. 

 Just before they go into the oven (those 3 little ones are something different than the buffalo chicken rolls - I'll share those in another post!).

Bake on 400 for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool a few minutes then dip in your choice of ranch (my preference) or blue cheese dressing. You'll be wondering where these have been your whole life!

I've been making a real effort to eat healthier lately so I baked these. But I think they'd be fantastic in a deep fryer as well. Whenever I go home for a visit again, I'll be making these bad boys in my stepdad's giant fryer!

Ingredients: 
Chicken, boiled and shredded
Hot sauce 
Dry broccoli slaw 
Blue Cheese
Egg Roll Wrappers 

Recipe: 
Preheat oven to 400 (or heat your oil if you're deep drying)
Having already boiled your chicken, mix in hot sauce to taste. Remember, the chicken will soak up the hot sauce so the chicken can get pretty spicy, pretty quick. 
Put a heap of chicken, a sprinkle of slaw and a spoonful of blue cheese on the corner of an egg roll wrapper. 
Wrap up the wrapper in egg roll form 
Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown. 

Enjoy with dip of your choice - Ranch is great! 

Let me know if you try this!

1 comment:

  1. I love this post :)
    I m gonna try make this recipe!

    http://bubblemylicorice.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete